The IRSDACE (Industrial Relations and Social Dialogue in the Age of Collaborative Economy) project, funded by DG EMPL of the European Commission, aims to identify how traditional players in the labour market, e.g. trade unions, employers' associations, member states and the EU, experience and respond to the platform economy.
The project has five main tasks:
The project started in January 2017 and will run until December 2018. CEPS is the project coordinator in a partnership with IZA (DE), FAOS (DK), Fundación Alternativas (ES) and CELSI (SK).
- conceptualisation of platform work, its place in the labour market, employment policy and industrial relations;
- analysis of discourse on platform economy among established industrial relations actors;
- assessment of the implications of workers’ experience with the platform economy for industrial relations and social dialogue;
- comparative analysis of national experiences; and
- analysis of how EU-level employment policy and the industrial relations agenda should respond to the emergence of work in the platform economy.
The final conference of the project will disseminate the research findings and provide a comparative analysis based on the seven national reports as well as a European perspective on the industrial relations and social dialogue in platform economy. The event will host a keynote speech by an expert on these issues as well as give floor to various stakeholders concerned with social dialogue in the age of platform economy.
The event will be simultaneously translated in German, French and English.